YAOTY Entry Details
Entries for 2023 Now Open
THEME: EARTH NUA
With our friends at Disney we are looking for the the next Young Animator of The Year.
Are YOU, or is someone you know, the next Young Animator of the Year?
Secondary school students from all over the island of Ireland are invited to submit their short animated films to the national YAOTY awards.
The search has begun! Are YOU, or is someone you know, the next Young Animator of the Year? Secondary school students from all over the island of Ireland are invited to submit their short animated films to the national YAOTY awards.
Set in magical Dingle, Animation Dingle is a festival that was created for students and has been moulded by them over the years. We want to draw attention to the talented young people in Ireland and give them a spotlight in which to showcase their skills. Listed as ‘One of the top Not-To-Be-Missed events in the World’ by Animation Magazine, Animation Dingle is attended by all the major animation colleges and studios within Ireland, along with delegates from Disney and many more animation studios.
Submissions for 2023 Now Open
WHO CAN ENTER?
- 4th, 5th and 6th year secondary school students in the Republic of Ireland
- Yr11, Yr12 and 6th Form secondary school students in Northern Ireland
- Any student in these school years studying abroad
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
- An animated film no longer than 1 minute (including opening titles and end credits)
- Possible techniques include (but are not limited to)
- Computer generated animation
THEME: EARTH NUA
WHERE: Submit your film on our FilmFreeway page
Please include the following details with your submission:
- Your name, email address and contact number
- Your school name and class
- 2-3 lines on what your film is about
WHEN? Submissions are open until 31/01/2023
**Please be aware any submissions that are longer than 1 minute and/or do not follow the theme will be disqualified.*
Donal tells us about how he came up with his film idea, how he found seeing his film on the big screen and his work placement in JAM Media.
Kelly chats about the YAOTY award, Animation Dingle and her experience in JAM Media on her work placement.