YAOTY Entry Details
Animation Dingle’s Young Animator of The Year, (YOATY) runs annually with the support of our friends in Disney+
Are YOU, or is someone you know, the next Young Animator of the Year?
Each year, secondary school students from all over the island of Ireland are invited to submit their short animated films to the national YOATY Awards.
Keep your eyes on our social media for updates and announcements. The YAOTY winner will be presented with their award at the opening of our Animation Dingle Festival on Friday 22nd March, 2024 by Orion Ross, VP International Animation, Disney Branded Television! The winner and parents will be offered 1 nights’ accommodation in the Dingle Skellig Hotel.
Set in magical Dingle, Animation Dingle is a festival that was created for students and has been moulded by them over the years. We want to draw attention to the talented young people in Ireland and give them a spotlight in which to showcase their skills. Listed as ‘One of the top Not-To-Be-Missed events in the World’ by Animation Magazine, Animation Dingle is attended by all the major animation colleges and studios within Ireland, along with delegates from Disney and many more animation studios.
Submissions for 2024 Opening Very Soon!
WHO CAN ENTER?
- 4th, 5th and 6th year secondary school students in the Republic of Ireland
- Yr11, Yr12 and 6th Form secondary school students in Northern Ireland
- Students must be attending school in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland, or can be an Irish or a Northern Irish student studying abroad.
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
- An animated film no longer than 1 minute (including opening titles and end credits)
- Possible techniques include (but are not limited to)
- Computer generated animation
THEME: TO BE CONFIRMED
WHERE: Submit your film on our FilmFreeway page
Please include the following details with your submission:
- Your name, email address and contact number
- Your school name and class
- 2-3 lines on what your film is about
WHEN? TO BE CONFIRMED
**Please be aware any submissions that are longer than 1 minute and/or do not follow the theme will be disqualified.*
Donal tells us about how he came up with his film idea, how he found seeing his film on the big screen and his work placement in JAM Media.
Kelly chats about the YAOTY award, Animation Dingle and her experience in JAM Media on her work placement.